PDA

View Full Version : Dog Constipation - What should i do?

JBGoode
05-03-2007, 09:13 PM
My rott, TANK has become constipated. He hasn't gone in a couple of days. Which is unusual for him. I tried giving him canned pumpkin, but he threw it back up. Can anyone tell me any more tips that could help him?

I tried googling Dog Constipation, but i didn't get any useful information. One site says you can give him some Grape-Nuts Flakes. Anyone ever heard of that? Do you think that would help? is it safe for him? and someone else mentioned that i can give him a couple of prunes. Are any of these dangerous for him?

I've already scheduled a vet appointment for tomorrow, but I would like to give him some relief now, because I know he's uncomfortable. Anyways, any tips, advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

celtechfarms
05-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Grapes are poisonis to dogs, so avoid that advice. Blueberries will give your dog soft stools, it might help, but chances are there may be something deeper here, (no pun intended). He could have blockage stopping him from being able to deficate, so it maybe best to just wait it out, rather them trying home remedies and see what your vet says and in the mean time, hope he goes on his own, just make sure hes drinking, dehydration can cause constipation, and you don't want two problems on your hands.

gsoul2soul
05-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Really ? Is Grapes really poisonous for DOGS ?

I mean my Apso loves fruits and vegetables... and devours "carrots... apples... watermelons... cucumbers and some grapes"

celtechfarms
05-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Yep sorry to tell you, but grapes, and espictially raisens, are very dangerous to feed to dogs.