PDA

View Full Version : my 3 month old pup's picture

mypet
04-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Please take a look at the photo and let me know what breed she is? I was told by SPCA that she might be Shep. mix. But some of my friends say that she is not. I am so anxious to know what breed she is. Thank you!

ritabooker
04-25-2007, 12:02 PM
She could be shepherd mix, but her ears lay so flat...We had a German
Shepherd mix who was named Rabbit, because her ears were huge a erect...she looked more like a rabbit when she was a pup.

Can't even make a good guess on this one...but she is so precious and has intelligent eyes. The dark coloring of the tail is seen is some German Shepherd Dogs.

Some one else will be along to venture a guess.

DogMom
04-25-2007, 12:03 PM
looks like a yellow lab mix

ritabooker
04-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Yeah, she has the labby ears, huh?

mypet
04-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Thank you, Ritabooker. Yes she is very smart. I am so nervous as to how i am going to train her. Her brain works very fast. She seems to be very independent and she jumps away from us if she feels sleepy. My younger one wants to pet her all the time. But this new baby wants sometime for herself. She protects herself by growling. So funny!

mypet
04-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Thank you, DogMom.

You guys help this new pet owner a lot :D .
Thanks to you all and also to the site administrator, Kerry Clair.

ritabooker
04-25-2007, 12:43 PM
You know, Abby was kind of like that when she was younger. She would just get contrary and jump away during training. We never forced her, we would just end the training session and leave her on her own for awhile. Lots and lots of patience will get you where you want to go.

Abby is 1 1/2 years, and we are still training her. She has had Obedience 1 throught 3 and passed her Good Canine Citizen test, but we will probably enroll her in the Obedience 3 again this summer, just for drill and to expose her to the activity and other dogs...she loves to see her human female friends again.

celtechfarms
04-25-2007, 03:10 PM
I have a shepard mix and his ear lay perfectly flat, so it can and does happen, I agree with the yellow lab part, but its so hard to tell with puppies. Secondary features take longer to develop in dogs, until then alot of pups look alike.

ritabooker
04-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Did not know that, about the ears. Maybe it is a Shepherd/Lab mix?
Keep us updated with pictures, so we can see what she turns into.

mypet
04-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Sure, I will. Thanks for all the help.

celtechfarms
04-26-2007, 04:36 AM
Well when my boy was a pup he looked like a purebred newfy pup.