PDA

View Full Version : problem with my puppy

mypet
04-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Taffy, my pup, does not eat her food from her bowl. Instead she tries to search for the spills (if any) on the ground or eat grass. In other words, she is happy to eat from the ground than from her bowl. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DogMom
04-21-2007, 04:28 PM
its probly the dish--she doesn't like the smell (what you clean with or that its not clean enough), she may not like the color of it or not like the texture (if you have plastic get metal and vice-versa), it may be too small for her (puppies like to put there paws in the food--get a bigger dish) or may be to big (she feels intimidated by the large size). all sounds stupid but usually one is the reason for bowl-dislike.

mypet
04-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Thank you, Dogmom. Oh... then let me change the bowl. I'll let you know how she likes the new one.

DogMom
04-22-2007, 10:32 AM
yeah, i'd get a new dish. the only ones i've never had a problem with are made with a material for like horses. you can get them at walmart for probably $5 or so, not cheap by any means. they're kind of like rubber but it's sturdy like plastic--supposed to be indistructable but i've had a few manage to tear them apart. i clean with bleach every week except for one of my dogs dish cause she will NOT use if it smells like bleach and no matter how much i rinse it it still has the scent of bleach. and i have one dog where if i don't bleach hers every two days she won't go near it.

in other words--too bad you aren't closer cause i have about two dozen dishes that don't get used cause of my trial and error days. lol

mypet
04-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Thank You, DogMom. I'll try to find it in Walmart.