PDA

View Full Version : new kitty

DogMom
04-20-2007, 07:05 PM
i got a new kitty cat today! she is 3 weeks old, guessing anyway. two huge litters were taken from someone just over a week ago when someone called and said he was being mean to them. he had cut off all there tales and most of there ears and put things in unmentionable places of some of them. i went to donate some cat and dog food to my shelter today cause i'm not feeding kibles nemore and i saw the litters. the one i picked was ready to go cause she got a clean bill of health yesterday. she has no tale and only has one ear and is massive with fleas but she's so up beat and awesome anyway. she climbed all over me on the couch earlier and played with a butterfly toy i got earlier on the way home from the shelter. i'm keeping her in a big crate at night and when i'm not able to be right at her side tho cause i don't want her to get stuck in the recliner or under the couch or something and cause i have 3 adult cats and they've never seen little kittens and i don't want them to get mean. i don't think they will anyway but she's so lively and playful and there old and cranky so they may not take her as playful. but she's so sweet i can't imagine how anyone can do something so terrible. i got a tin foil type square cake pan to use as a litter box too cause she's so tiny and couldn't climb into a regular or kitten size box and i got a wicker easter basket (for 75% off) and put a warm blanket in it and she sleeps all curled up in it. she's so small the basket would fit 4 or 5 of her. i love her little stump of a tale though--it's so funny to watch cause she has just enough where you can tell she wants to be wagging it but theres just nothing there to wag. shes going to be so spoiled in no time.

ritabooker
04-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Good on ya for making a home for this kitty. She sounds super. I hate how sick people can be towards animals(and each other). It makes the world better that you and folks like you are doing more than their share to make things right.

Covishen
04-24-2007, 06:41 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!

You have a new bundle of love who is going to adore you forever.

As for that animal abuser, I'd like to stick a few unmentionables in an unmentionable spot.

celtechfarms
04-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Awsome helping this great kitty, sounds like shes going to have a great home. Just watch your other cats, espically if their male, male cats wont hesitate in most cases it kill a kitten that is unrelated to that cat. Send some pictures! I bet shes precious.

DogMom
04-24-2007, 02:14 PM
my male cat is really sweet--he just wants to sit on your lap and get some loving. he's already seen the baby and he just snuggles up with her and licks her head. it's really cute. but that's also why i keep her in a crate at night and when i'm not home. i really don't think my other cats would hurt her. at least not on purpose. they all have tried to play with her already so i dont want to not be home and they play and she get hurt playing. so i have her in a big huge jumbo crate. its one i bought for my german shepherd mix. there is only one size bigger so it's really big for her. we built a little kitten condo for her over the weekend so the crate has 3 floors now. i had some carpet and some wood left over from some other projects so we cut it all down to fit in the crate for her. she loves to climb up the sides. she spends most of her time running around the livingroom or kitchen but i want her in the crate when i can't be with her all the time like when i'm not home or when i'm sleeping. she'll be able to use the condo for probably another 2 months or so and then i'll give it to my shelter cause they always have kittens and they keep the litters in big cages too but they just have small cardboard boxes for them to lay in. so this will give them something to climb on while they wait for homes. it's not the best thing in the world but it serves the purpose for my little bitty baby (whos name is baby cat to my little 2 yo sister and everyone else calls her butterfly) lol

DogMom
04-24-2007, 04:55 PM
It's not a good pic cause she didn't want to sit still. go figure. but this is my baby butterfly.