PDA

View Full Version : Mini Pinscher

tacomeotwo
04-04-2007, 03:59 PM
I have a Mini Pinscher that has been having what seems like heat exhaustion, or possibly even an anxiety attack!!??!! Shortness of breath, heart racing, panting and slobbering everywhere, and shaking uncontrollably. And no, it is not seizures. Does anyone have any information on this breed of dog or possibly a dog with similar problems??? Thank you.

ritabooker
04-04-2007, 05:49 PM
I would have the dog to the vet. It could be reacting to something or it could be ill.

ritabooker
04-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Have done a little reading and found that panting and rapid heart rate can be a sign of heart problems. Don't want to alarm you, but thought I should mention it.

Salivating excessively can be nausea, inability to swallow or something stuck in the mouth. Check the dogs mouth to see if the throat and mouth are clear.

Trembling can be a sign of pain, cold or excitement....neurotic trembling is rare.

Does the dog do this all the time, or is it just started? Do you think it could have gotten into something toxic?

smiffy
04-05-2007, 12:49 AM
i was thinking poison too - i would go to the vet, ritas given you some good answers and all of them should be checked out.

let us know how you get on xx

tacomeotwo
04-06-2007, 07:44 PM
i vent to vet there cept here overnight charget me 469.00 and in morning told me to take here to regular vet for more tests . cause there did not no what it was , or what happend.she is doing great now.
it was the secont time that this had happend to here. thank you all so mutch for info.there did tell me she had a low calcium and low sodium count that was it.there had done blood work on here and gave here fluids true an IV.we think it was either heat ore she got to exidet. vet said it was not seachers so that is good i gess.