PDA

View Full Version : PET FOOD RECALL!! IMPORTANT!

countrychic10
03-17-2007, 10:38 AM
-Taken from another forum with permission to cross-post-

VOMITING AND KIDNEY FAILURE! PLEASE CROSS POST.
Fox News announced massive dog and cat wet food recall. I have attached the list of foods posted 1/2 an hour ago on the manufacturer's website:

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_dog.html

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_cat.html

Here's the link to more information.

CHECK ALL YOUR FOOD - the number of foods listed is shocking!!!
Joan Phillips
Animal Lovers League

Recalled Cat Product Information

Recall Information 1-866-895-2708

1. Americas Choice, Preferred Pets

2. Authority

3. Best Choice

4. Companion

5. Compliments

6. Demoulas Market Basket

7. Fine Feline Cat, Shep Dog

8. Food Lion

9. Foodtown

10. Giant Companion

11. Good n Meaty

12. Hannaford

13. Hill Country Fare

14. Hy-Vee

15. Key Food

16. Laura Lynn

17. Li'l Red

18. Loving Meals

19. Main Choice

20. Nutriplan

21. Nutro Max Gourmet Classics

22. Nutro Natural Choice

23. Paws

24. Presidents Choice

25. Price Chopper

26. Priority

27. Save-A-Lot

28. Schnucks

29. Sophistacat

30. Special Kitty

31. Springfield Pride

32. Sprout

33. Total Pet, My True Friend

34. Wegmans

35. Western Family

36. White Rose

37. Winn Dixie

Recalled Dog Product Information
Recall Information 1-866-895-2708

1. Americas Choice, Preferred Pets

2. Authority

3. Award

4. Best Choice

5. Big Bet

6. Big Red

7. Bloom

8. Bruiser

9. Cadillac

10. Companion

11. Demoulas Market Basket

12. Fine Feline Cat, Shep Dog

13. Food Lion

14. Giant Companion

15. Great Choice

16. Hannaford

17. Hill Country Fare

18. Hy-Vee

19. Key Food

20. Laura Lynn

21. Loving Meals

22. Main Choice

23. Mixables

24. Nutriplan

25. Nutro Max

26. Nutro Natural Choice

27. Nutro

28. Ol'Roy

29. Paws

30. Pet Essentials

31. Pet Pride

32. Presidents Choice

33. Price Chopper

34. Priority

35. Publix

36. Roche Bros

37. Save-A-Lot

38. Schnucks

39. Springsfield Pride

40. Sprout

41. Stater Bros

42. Total Pet, My True Friend

43. Western Family

44. White Rose

45. Winn Dixie

46. Your Pet

More info:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/16/AR2007031601379.html

This is really important and I'm fearful people may overlook this.

The first paragraph indicates is typically sold under a store brand name, however later in the artical it reveals that it also includes Iams & Eukanuba. Which many pet owners unwittingly feed their dogs under the misconception it's a "high quality" brand.

The company said it manufacturers for 17 of the top 20 North American retailers. It is also a contract manufacturer for the top branded pet food companies, including Procter & Gamble Co.

P&G announced Friday the recall of specific 3 oz., 5.5 oz., 6 oz. and 13.2 oz. canned and 3 oz. and 5.3 oz. foil pouch cat and dog wet food products made by Menu Foods but sold under the Iams and Eukanuba brands. The recalled products bear the code dates of 6339 through 7073 followed by the plant code 4197, P&G said.

smiffy
03-17-2007, 11:33 AM
i came here to cross post the news. this is the link i've been posting

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17650075/

DogMom
03-17-2007, 01:23 PM
thats interesting what you posted. the last bag of dry food i bought one of my cats was special kitty urinary tract and thats when she started vomitting and having diarrhea really bad and my other cat lost A LOT of weight really fast. i switched to another brand which isn't on that list and they are both doing okay now, though the one who was losing weight is still very very thin. i'm also curious that the ol roy they say they recalling pouches of wet food but how is this when ol roy comes in cans, not pouches?? unless its diffrent elsewhere but neither of my walmarts sell ol roy in a pouch, only in cans. spcial kitty doesn't come in pouches here either, only cans.

celtechfarms
03-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Scary, we feed Nutro Natural Choice, I immediatly had my husband rush out to check the bag, but its not anything we feed, thank gods, cause we go through a bag every two weeks, it would have been too late, we would have already fed it. Thanks for the info, its much more indepth then what our own news reports were saying.

ritabooker
03-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Thanks for posts.

countrychic10
03-17-2007, 08:28 PM
No problem :) I wish the news stories would have been more in depth on the subject. The first word I got on the recall was very vague and contained little or no information, so I emailed a few breeders that I know and they pointed me in the right direction to get more info and a product list. I was freaking out just a tad at first since I do have 1 kibble fed pet in the house, Angel my foster. Thankfully though she's eating "Canidea All Life Stages" and it's not on the recall list.

Dogmom,
My local Wal-Mart (and various other stores) sell basically every brand of wet dog food in the canned variety and in pouches...even Ol' Roy. In fact most of the wet cat foods at my Wal-Mart are in pouches and the variety of canned cat foods isn't much. I'm assumeing your area stores just aren't carrying the pouch versions.