PDA

View Full Version : Much Too Young

celtechfarms
11-30-2006, 01:55 PM
I seems like lately all I'm doing is grieving, and with the guilt that I have carried with me for the last three years for the loss of my best friend Shilo, I now add the guilt of the loss of yet another beagle, this one way too young. Chloe, the beagle pup we adopted, then gave to my tiny niece who is four years old. She was terrified of dogs when this tiny bundle of fur entered her life, and hid in her room for days before Chloe finally won her over. This little dog brought the gift of confidence to this little girl, changing her out look on dogs completely. A week ago at eight month old, she went in for her spay as per her adoption contract.

The baby fought for her life for the last week and a bit, never recovering from the surgery, turns out she had kidney failiar, a genetic issue that now has our rescue contacting the owners of all her siblings. This morning the little baby was released from her pain, and sent to the rainbow bridge, where she can romp and play with all the other puppies. My own guilt aside, this gorgous baby gaveso much in her short life,she will never be forgotten. Rest In Peace Chloe, and we'll see you at the bridge.

Heather

countrychic10
12-01-2006, 01:05 AM
OMG!!! :cry: I am so sorry for your loss. Thankfully she left her love with a special little girl before she passed on. May Chloe rest in peace.

Milly
12-01-2006, 06:27 AM
So, so sorry to read this. Dont blame yourself, it was genetic. That little puppy had a purpose in life, and you have proved it! All love to you and your niece and Chloe and think of all the happy times. X

celtechfarms
12-01-2006, 08:11 AM
My guilt isn't so much for the death, but because she was my dog to begin with and I gave her to them, it was their first evr pet and then it died, I feel reasponsible for their grief, but I agree that she was sent here with a purpose, I can see that, everytime Maddy smiles at a strange dog and wants to pet it now, instead of running away screaming.

kerryclair
12-03-2006, 09:05 PM
This has affected me so much. The death of a dog, that is so mourned touches me so deeply, I can't explain. I try to avoid this topic when I can, but ultimately I always come in here when I see a new post, because I know how much I need all of you when I lose one of my own.

So I am sorry if I do not say more, but know that I am thinking of you and grieving with you and this little girl on the terrible loss of her pup.

ritabooker
01-03-2007, 08:50 AM
So sorry for the loss of this pup. She needed love during her lifetime and that is what she got. Don't feel guilty. Now I have to go find a kleenex...best to you Celtech.

healing07
07-02-2009, 11:04 PM
I m so sorry for your loss. I know its terrible loss for you. Any young age death is very painful. My heart totally goes out for you. Serious pain getting over you. I understand your feelings.
She gave you new purpose for your future life. So you should be happy with this. I pray to God for her soul rest in peace.