PDA

View Full Version : Dog Diarrhea

sui_winbolo
11-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Today our adult mixed terrier had some diarrhea problems. I didn't notice it until my mom came home & I went into the kitchen. The diarrhea was very dark & water like. But not all of it was diarrhea, 4 small spots were very dark & watery but there were some normal pieces. Any cause for alarm? She doesn't seem to be acting any different then her normal energetic self. Any other advice on what to do? Thank you

DogMom
11-13-2006, 07:05 PM
sounds like the begining of a worm, better take her to the vet for a test and meds

sui_winbolo
11-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Really? She is having normal bowel movements now. Could there still be a worm?

countrychic10
11-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Personally, if it was my dog I would take her to the vet and have a fecal exam done. It's not pricey (my vet charges $15.00) and all's you have to do is bring in a fresh stool sample to your vet. They will put it in a solution and look at it under a microscope, which usually takes around 10 minutes to complete. The vet will be able to tell you if there are any parasites present in your dog and provide treatment if nessesary.

Is it possible that your dog ate something unusual that just didn't settle right?? If either of mine get in the trash or something they will get a lil bit of runny stools until whatever the new item they ate has left their system.