PDA

View Full Version : De-worming for dogs

tami_1001
09-10-2006, 09:54 AM
Hi!
I’m a huge animal lover and I was wondering if anyone could help me solve
my problem…
I have a dog who’s name is Elvis and a cat who’s name is Princess!
I’ve discovered that Elvis had worms, (is it possible that he got from other pets???)
so I want to my vet and he gave him a de-worming medication in a tablet form but he wouldn’t swallow it!!
I didn’t want to use too much force so I tried wrapping it with some sausage but he some how figured it out!
please help me!!
Tami

ritabooker
09-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Try cutting the tablet into quarters and hide each piece in something yummy.

petsalive
09-10-2006, 04:18 PM
We have found that the best thing to put pills in is liverwurst. First we give a piece or two (dime size) without a pill. By the third piece the dog is 'grabbing' the liverwurst so have a piece ready with the pills in it and he won't even notice the pills.

gabizewho
09-11-2006, 11:03 AM
you can open your dog’s mouth an try putting it on his tongue and make
him swallow it or you can try some websites than sales all kings of medicines of cats and dogs but one seems very sufficient ‘cause it’s wrapped in dry food and in different flavors
you should try it -
Tasties Worm-Out (http://www.tasties.us)

celtechfarms
09-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Some types of worms are interspieces related and others are not, it all depends on what type it is.

tigger the turtle
09-11-2006, 05:19 PM
I have a book that says you should gently blow on the dogs nose.(I always think that the dog will chock if you do that)
I`m not sure if the book is right so someone please correct me if I`m wrong.

countrychic10
10-22-2006, 09:16 PM
Any time I have to give my babies a pill I use Peanut Butter. :D Works like a charm. I just take the pill and scoop a glob of PB on it and they eat it up. My Weimaraner is a smart cookie and in the past would always figure out how to eat the meat, cheese, cookie (whatever I put the pill in) and leave the pill behind :roll: But even he has yet to figure out the PB.