PDA

View Full Version : veiled passing q's

ritabooker
09-03-2006, 09:18 PM
some of the raw foodists whose books I had read. One told me that my liver What Are Type I Muscle Cells?  Helps Remove Toxins & Body Sludge
Are usually not point based, but the forces involved are based on the scenarios that I create for the other players and I basically run the games for everyone involved People have more fun this way a
of PrPC has been identified, to date. are used to extend the contig and are library prepared in the classical way
I was also thinking about the job loss to Guilford from this decision I think telling potential employers FedEx Ground has their Triad hub in Winston-Salem may help convince them to open near it, but

SalemWitchChild
09-03-2006, 09:32 PM
For picky eaters I've always just mixed the dry food in with one egg. That normally did the trick. :)

countrychic10
09-03-2006, 09:49 PM
I feed my dogs (& cat, a fairly new, unplanned addition) a strictly RAW diet (no kibbles), so I haven't really had an issue with picky eating in a while. When I did feed kibble and was dealing with my picky Weimaraner I would use a food similar to the one mentioned by the OP....I just can't remember the name but it did the trick. I have also mixed in things like eggs, yogurt, a bit of cottage cheese...lol I have had a house full of rescues in here at one time or another so I have tried several things. Just depends on the dog. My Weimaraner for instance is the only dog I have ever met that wouldn't eat yogurt. LOL But then again he's just a snot sometimes :P

ritabooker
09-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Yes, the raw diet can solve many problems. Abby will eat just about any people food. But she will pick it out of the kibble. I am trying to get at least a small amount of the Canidae kibble into her every day, because it has so many good things in it. Once she has had her basic rations, she can snack on carrots, squash, peas, raw meat, eggs, cottage cheese, etc. I am reading a book on raw diet...it makes perfect sense.

countrychic10
09-05-2006, 11:24 AM
I have had great sucess with the RAW diet for my pets. I won't ever feed kibble again thats for sure :) Canidae is a good food though...one of the best ones on the market in my opinion. Which book are you reading at the moment if ya don't mind me asking? One that I found interesting was by Dr. Tom Lonsdale. You can go to www.rawmeatybones.com and read both books for free...you have to download them though. I didn't find him to be the most exciting author but the book was interesting and informative. The worst thing on RAW feeding is all the conflicting info though! Some people swear by the BARF diet, others by RAW...lol it's always a battle and I think each person just has to decide for themselves.

ritabooker
09-05-2006, 07:43 PM
The book is "Natural Nutrition for Dogs and Cats" by Kymythy R. Schultze,
C.C.N., A.H.I. It is interesting enough to keep me reading and her approach makes good sense.

I am not committed enough to do the whole genuine Raw Diet, but wanted to learn more about canine nutrition.

I cheat, and only give her raw food when practical. My husband grows vegetables, and many kinds are available locally, if he is between gardens.

It is a long drive to a store that sells organic meat, so I cheat there, too.
She likes ground beef and chicken necks from the grocery store. We have a couple of chickens who still lay, so she can have a few eggs each week. The vet says not to over-do the eggs.

Thanks for the link. I have slow dial-up, so I am not sure about downloading a whole book, but I will check it out.

countrychic10
09-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Hi! Thanks so much for the book referral! I'm going to see if I can find it this weekend. :D

As far as cheating on meat, lol I have to do the same sometimes. There are VERY few places in my area who sell organic meats so I have to get alot of mine at the grocers. My dogs are too big to eat chicken necks, but I do give them chicken backs and turkey necks. I rarely feed any ground meats...with the exception of ground venison. When I first started feeding RAW I fed lean ground beef but it would give my boys loose stools and they weren't really keen on eating it, I switched and started giving them beef hearts (which in my opinion smell awful! But they LOVE them!) instead and haven't had an issue...my guess is maybe the ground beef was still a bit too fatty??

I also feed eggs, but like you said it isn't good to feed too much. I usually give my dogs eggs once or twice a week. I just put a whole egg in the bowl and they eat the whole thing, shell and all.

Here is a link from a friends website.

http://www.eastwooddanes.com/VitaminsAtoZ.html

Thought it was interesting info.

countrychic10
09-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Wow! LOl Just realized that link I posted was from the book you just referred to me. So I guess you already have that info :D

ritabooker
09-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Yes, that nutrition chart is in the book. The book mentions how important alfalfa is. I have a supply of Glycoflex on hand and no longer have older dogs. The Glycoflex has alfalfa in it. Do you think this would be ok for Abby to have as a supplement? or is this stuff only for older dogs?