PDA

View Full Version : Looking for answers on Dog Strokes

jemlrdb
03-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Hi Everyone!
I'm glad to be a part of this forum.. Looks like there are pet lovers everywhere!

I am a little confused and hoping someone can help me make a few things more clear. I have a 13 yr old female mutt, (around 50 lbs or so) and she is in good health, and extremely active and playful for her age. Sunday morning I let her outside with her other 3 playmates as I usually do. When she came upstairs, she was very wobbley and had a problem keeping her balance. Her head was shaking and her eyes were going crazy looking all around and not being able to focus. She wouldnt respond when I called her name. I had her lie down for a minute, but she soon got up and vommited a couple of times. After about 30-45 minutes later, she seemed to be able to walk without losing her balance, but her eyes were still very twitchy. Later that day she seemed better and for 2 days after that, she was back to normal. This morning I went to bring her outside again, but she refused to go down the stairs (which had never been a problem with her before). She was less responsive than her normal self and was looking all over the place again which is definately not like her.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is it safe to say she had a stroke or a seizure? Could she have been knocked over by another one of our dogs and have gotten a concussion? I dont know what to do..

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks Everyone........... :(