PDA

View Full Version : Not a false pregnancy afterall

JustAnotherDogLover
08-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Well, we've spent 2 weeks tossed up in the air on whether or not Bambi really was pregnant. Both vets were pretty sure she either wasn't pregnant or had a very small litter.

She's at pup number 5 now. Adorable little things. Unfortunetly, right now, still no idea on breed. There are two tan ones (splitting image of her) two black ones (splitting image of her only black) and one that is silver with a white belly, white paws, a white tip on her tail and black circles around her eyes. Does "odd ball" translate into a cute name for a dog? LOL

Anyway. She's a perfect mommy and she only let me hold the odd ball for about 2 seconds before she asked for her back so I don't have any pictures yet. Not good ones anyway. I'll try again later or tomorrow when she's more relaxed and on a routine.

JustAnotherDogLover
08-07-2006, 04:53 PM
#6 is tan

#7 is black body and head with a white ring around the neck.

celtechfarms
08-08-2006, 05:48 AM
Australian Shepard in there maybe? *grins* Congrads on the new litter.

JustAnotherDogLover
08-08-2006, 07:15 AM
Well final count of 7.

3 look like yellow labs.

2 look like black labs

1 looks like a border collie

and then.........the odd ball

JustAnotherDogLover
08-08-2006, 07:29 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/kpcolkid/Picture016-1.jpg

tigger the turtle
08-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Congratulations :D

celtechfarms
08-08-2006, 01:25 PM
I want the whole litter, hmmmm, baby talking here? lol, congrads again and heres hopeing you can figure out that breeding, lol

JustAnotherDogLover
08-08-2006, 03:10 PM
Well her I think I'm set with Beagle mix.

3 of the pups I can easily say are yellow lab mixes.

2 easily black lab mixes

the Border Collie colored one is PERFECT so he's easily describable.

And the odd ball is just so darn adorable it doesn't matter what she is, no one can say no to that face!!!!

They are all doing really well though. Really quiet so they are staying comfortable temp wise and are being well fed (Bambi won't leave the crate). She's eating and drinking really good so I'm not worried about her. But I'm sure she's gotta PEEEE!!!!!! Maybe I can convince her to come out later tonight long enough for me to get a clean blanket in there (born on newspaper) and maybe she'll head outside for a moment to relieve herself while I'm cleaning the crate. But overall she's an excellent mother!!!!

School starts tomorrow so my youngens are out the door and she'll have a good 8 hours of quiet so maybe she'll venture out and stretch those legs during the day when it's just her (well, and me typing away here). hehe

Arazante
08-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Puppies! How cuuute! Congrats!

smiffy
08-09-2006, 03:36 AM
you lucky lucky girl! more puppies - i'm jealous!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D is odd ball the one in the middle?

JustAnotherDogLover
08-09-2006, 07:10 AM
hehe yeah Smiffy.........it's just one litter after another around here!!! I'm thankful for a litter of 7 this time though. After Goldie's crew I was pretty wore out. lol

Yeah, odd ball is right against Bambi and has one of the tan one's head on her. She really is extremely adorable (but then again, all puppies are). Her chest, "belly" and paws are solid white (not the legs, just all the toes). Then she's got a small bit of white right on the tip of her tail and then a little strip from her nose to the top of her eyes. Her eyes have black circles around them and then she has a black circle around the tail right where the tail meets the rump. Then her body color.....it's almost a white, light tan and black mix somewhat like a silver malamute. For having a reddish mom and tan or black sisters, she really is an odd ball.

5 girls and 2 boys, checked last night. Then again, I checked on Goldie's too and it ended up 8 to 4 (not 9 to 2 that I originally thought--lol).

I'm anxious to see if anything changes. Momma had two born solid white with black head and one with a brown head and by the time they were 3 weeks old they were spotted. So we'll see if these guys change any.

Milly
08-13-2006, 12:57 AM
The puppies are adorable and so is Bambi!! X