PDA

View Full Version : I'm new...help...

denise_TX
07-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Hi everyone! I have a quick question. I don't have all the facts but since I have 2 kids, well, I'm freaking out. We have lab puppies and gave one to my aunt. She took him to the vet and he said the puppy is very healthy except he might have some infection. Not sure of the name...but he said that if any child touches the dog and then their eyes...they could be diagnosed with cancer. NOt, that they have it...just that the test results would show that. Has anyone heard of this before??? I wish I had the name of the disease or infection so I could look it up. I'm just going by what my mom just told me now. :?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Denise

kerryclair
07-19-2006, 08:23 PM
That is absurd.
You don't get cancer from any sort of contact with a pet or another human.

The worst a kid could get from a dog is ringworm or something.
Certainly not cancer.

smiffy
07-20-2006, 01:02 AM
my frown is so large my eye brows have knitted together - hang on i will fetch the comb :lol:

are you planning on giving your pups the first vaccine before you let them go? if so that would be the perfect time to get your remaining pups checked out.

find out from your aunt what the name of the infection was and how its being treated then do some research of your own - that at the mo would be my first move.

if your kids are at risk from anything -as long as they dont come into physical contact with dog poo - then its worms. just add extra garlic in your spag bol :lol: