PDA

View Full Version : goodbye sooty

mclaren
06-27-2006, 01:51 PM
lost my cat today, of 15 years. feel like i could cry right about now.

today, he fell of the bed and broke his leg. the vet then went on to say that she can see (not with xray, just with feeling) that there is a cancerous tumour in his leg and she said the kindest thing would be to put him down.

Personally, i am a bit taken a back at this - due to the fact he was at the vet only a few weeks previous - and the vet at this moment in time said he was very healthy and in good condition but is now saying this?!

anyway - we had to get him put to sleep, so at the momet, i really am at a loss. dont know what to do, if i shoudl wait and get another or get one now.

feel like i could cry - im really gona miss ma cat, already missing him.

he, in some ways was ma best friend. i feel like ive let him down becuase i never done anything in the end, and i done the worst thing ever.

when he was to be put down, my mum was in with him, but i couldnt. i couldnt say goodbye, and i feel liike ive let him down

Arazante
06-27-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm very sorry for your lost. You haven't let him down. You did what you had to do. Don't feel rushed or held back to owning another cat, if you feel. Whenever you feel ready, you shouldn't question yourself. Then, you'll truly be ready.

I give this song quote from U2 to people when they've lost a loved one, because I feel it fits quite well:

I may not be alone
Or I may have found my home
I may have lost my way
But what I forgot to say
If you didn't know
Is never let me go..

lkeffect
07-05-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm terribly sorry for your loss it's so hard to lose a furbaby

healing07
07-03-2009, 09:54 PM
I feel so sorry for your loss and I understand your feelings. Lost of our loved pet is very painful for us. I lost my cat 2 weeks ago and its really hurting me. I loved her very much.
I know its very difficult to deal with the pain of death and difficult to say goodbye. You should go to grief counseling for deal your grief. I pray to God for you and MY deep condolences for you.
Be strong and move on.
May God Bless you.