PDA

View Full Version : Save a fish?

JustAnotherDogLover
05-30-2006, 07:22 AM
Anyone live in or around southern Alabama USA interested in saving a big black fish? I'm not a fish person and I don't know what kind it is. My mom bought it at some pet store a few years ago for less than a dollar and it has outgrown her tank and is going to die if it doesn't get out of there. She doesn't want fish anymore so she doesn't want to invest in a bigger tank. It's in a 10 gallon tank right now but the back fins have bent over like the whale did in Free Willy (OMG that's going back some years). I'm pretty sure the problem is that the tank is too small for it anymore.

Anyway.........free fish if you're near me and have a BIG (fresh water) tank or an outside pond! He does jump out of her tank but I'm wondering if that's just because the tank is too small and he wants to get into something bigger.

SalemWitchChild
05-30-2006, 10:28 AM
If you were closer I'd take him. i have a 100 gal tank I kept my oscar in before. Hope you find a home for him. Check your local pet stores. Sometimes if you put up ads you can find homes for them fairly quickly.. and some fish just like to jump. Psycho jumped out of his tank one time and he had lots of space. 8)

Alec
11-27-2006, 03:55 PM
My friend has a huge tank. Maybe he would want him

SalemWitchChild
11-27-2006, 04:55 PM
My friend has a huge tank. Maybe he would want him

Alec you must look at dates. This member posted back in May. I'm sure she's found a home for him by now.

jennismortal
06-08-2009, 05:21 AM
Yeah, I fully agree with your advice.Great thought....

Kseni
06-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Yes, I also think so. She has found the home already.