PDA

View Full Version : Homeopathic remedies for dogs, anyone ever tried any?

JustAnotherDogLover
05-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Just curious if anyone's ever used alternative methods for illnesses in their pets--such as homeopathic remedies--and what the results were?

I recently used a homeopathic remedy on a dog who was brought in with Kennel Cough. After 3 days of the treatment, she only caughed once or twice a day and by the end of the week it had completely cured and she was as bouncy as a pup her age should have been.

As you may know, one of the dogs we recently had brought in was diagnosed yesterday with advanced heartworms. I was doing some searching last night and I came across a homeopathic remedy for heartworm treatment. The vet said he would do treatment, with $300 down, but said she was so advanced it probably wouldn't do anything but extend her (miserable) life a few months longer. I was reading some of the testimonies on this remedy and a bunch of people were given the same diagnoses and life span on thier pet. They began the rememdy and evidentally within 3 months the heartworm test came back negative.

I think I'm going to try the remedy regardless. Vet suggested having her euthenized this week. But I can't do that. She is just another stray but I've kinda grown attached to her and I can't watch her die without giving anything and everything a try.

Anyway......so just curious if anyone's tried any natural remedies and what you're results are and how you feel about it.

smiffy
05-16-2006, 10:34 AM
this is interesting. i have taken a foster for retriever rescue who use nothing but homeopathic methods.

he did have a worm infestation and now my bin has a dead worm infestation the only way i could tell you if his vaccine worked is with a titre test i believe but it was easy to administer it just took longer thats all.

i wouldnt treat my own dogs this way, i believe our chemical vaccine needs more research as does homeopathic and at least drontal is the best on the open market and you know the jobs done.

i still used frontline on my foster as its what i use on every dog even the strays when they come through my door. i am too busy to deal with an infestation of my home!

all of my dogs however get a garlic capsule every day as a maintanence to help with both the fleas and worms, my older dogs used to get a cod liver oil capsule.

i think the homeopathic remedies should run along side our chemical options.