PDA

View Full Version : raiding the litterbox

Morgoroth
02-18-2004, 10:52 AM
I have a problem. For some reason my Retriever Chow mix has this thing about raiding the litterbox. I have a cat and the dog and I live in a small apartment and I am trying to figure out a way to break this disgusting habbit. Whenever the dog is not being watched she will sneak into the laundry room and eat cat poop out of the litterbox.
I have tried putting the litterbox on somthing high but the cat is old and can't (or does not want to) jump high enough to get to it.
Any suggestions are welcome.

kerryclair
02-19-2004, 03:07 AM
There is no solution. It is like candy to them. You'll probably lose this battle...but you can always buy one of those self cleaning litter pans that remove it immediately after the cat gets out of the box. besides that, tehre is probably little that you can do...maybe try sprinkling hot sauce on them for a few weeks but even that rarely deters the determined doggie.

Can you close the door and maybe install a cat door that your dog can not fit through?

Be glad you don't have horses too. Sigh. Mine are a nightmare in the horse pasture.....gag.