PDA

View Full Version : MY DOG TRUNS INTO A VAMPIRE

rosiemd1979
04-07-2006, 06:10 AM
A vampire...thats the only way i can describe it!
I have a huge problem!! I have a year and a half Pek/Pom named theadora and she turns into a vampire if we are doing something she doesnt like she will lash out like a freak and bite us, i am really suprised her head doesn't turn around full cirlce :twisted: ! I am at a loss as to how to stop this! She is becoming a danger and we have the scars to prove it! but i can never part with her. I just dont know what to do. Anybody have any advice?? :(

pets_lover
04-07-2006, 06:25 AM
wow your dog need anger management, my cousin also has a dog that always get mad everytime she hear we talk too loud, she would run and bark at us .. dunno why, but fortunately she doesn't bite people around like yours, anyone can give any information about this weird behaviour ?

smiffy
04-07-2006, 01:07 PM
where are you (as in which country)??
it sounds like you have a dog who thinks she should be in control, this situation is as unhealthy for her as it is for you and those around you.

for any of us to help you fully we would need to be around you in the home to see for ourselves exactly what is going on. what you could do is describe for us as fully as possible what is going on around you.

its not a case of what happens when your dog 'goes' its everything around you and i hate to say it but you yourself. i think to get the best help and as quickly as you need it check out the association of pet dog trainers or ask your vetinary reception to recommend a behaviourist to you.

i hope we can be of help in the short term but we alone will not be enough.

rosiemd1979
04-08-2006, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the advice. I took her to a behaviorist last year and she has another appointment tomorrow so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
I am located in Canada

smiffy
04-08-2006, 11:07 AM
goodluck with your app tomorrow :D

ValentineRott
04-08-2006, 02:42 PM
My dad knows how to teach dogs not to bite...but unfortunently he lives about two hours from me!! and he has no phone too :(......But hey!! I'm in canada too!!

tigger the turtle
04-09-2006, 09:02 AM
Good luck on your appointment!

rosiemd1979
04-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Well I went to the behaviorist today and apparently Theadora has a Anxiety disorder. I have to start crating her when i am not around and over night. I have to carry the "clicker" and treats with me constantly and she is never allowed on furniture that I am sitting on. For all of you guys that have small dogs you know how difficult that is going to be! Oh and she is NEVER to be allowed around children! So much for any future plans there! lol. and this need to be consistent through out her whole life..........but i will do it all because she is my baby and i love her. It will just teach me to do my homework before purchasing another dog. So anyone with the same problem that's what you need to do and good luck I know I am going to need it! :roll: