PDA

View Full Version : breeding?

mattloveskari
03-25-2006, 09:15 AM
can i breed my male miniature schnauzer with a female yorkie? i really need help on this cause i was told that the female had to be a schnauzer and the male a yorkie. PLEASE HELP !

smiffy
03-25-2006, 10:39 AM
why the need to breed? do take a trip to the many rescue centres around you and you will see the last thing needed is another litter of pups.

if you are still sure you want to breed then take your bitch for a vet check so you can be sure your yorkie is in good enough health to cope with a pregnancy. you will need to double check the price of a call out fee if your bitch should need some assistance in delivery and the cost of the extra vits and minerals she will need to support her through her pregnancy and then feeding her pups.

as a good breeder you will need to think about how best to start your pups socialization and consider getting the first jabs done so they can have the best possible start in their new homes. are you going to offer 6 weeks insurance and a puppy pack when you let them go? it is a good idea as it gives any first time owners a head start on the learning curve.

you should offer after sales advice and after visiting all the rescue shelters you will of course offer to have the pups back for you to rehome should there be a problem.

SalemWitchChild
03-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Please do not breed. We have plenty of dogs of mix breed in shelters. Please ask your vet about spay/neutoring your animals.

symondneil
01-29-2010, 05:18 AM
Hello,
Well everyone here is against breeding but I can offer some tips if you give more details,Breed of dogs being bred,size of female and male,day in her cycle you are breeding .Email me and I'll just give info from my years of experience.I know I'll get thumbs down but if someone is going to breed they might as well have some helpful advise so the dogs are handled correctly.Every breeder was a beginner at one time.Added; I hope I understood you right as you tried with 3 different males at different heats not the same heat.

brutus954
02-12-2011, 01:43 AM
You will need to double check the price of a call out fee if your bitch should need some assistance in delivery and the cost of the extra vits and minerals she will need to support her through her pregnancy and then feeding her pups.

dailhusten
05-13-2011, 01:39 AM
This is the difficult discussion to take as the different breed have the different size and they are also different in their behavior. So I think you need to take some expert advice you are able to hand different breeds of dog.

ohhpet
01-29-2014, 12:19 PM
Hi! Get advice to experts in the field! It's the best and you will draw in case! :)

christy
06-23-2014, 12:20 AM
Before you think about breeding your dog, you should know what you are getting into. Check out this article from The Dog Breeds Bible (http://thedogbreedsbible.com/long-dogs-pregnant/). The process does not sound like something to take lightly.