PDA

View Full Version : My Dog won't walk on one of his hind legs.

Hank
03-11-2006, 08:26 PM
:cry: When I came home today my mini aussie wasn't putting his leg hind leg down. I touch and moved it and looked for something in his paw and all was fine. He doesn't mind me moving his leg at all. I do have 2 rottie that were left with him. They all get along fine and I've never had any problem with them. Should I be worried or is he just swore from playing? It doesn't seem like he broke it so I'm not sure what to do, but I know if I take him to a vet. it will be xrays, etc. etc.. And, the cost of finding out oh nothing is wrong. What do you think?

SalemWitchChild
03-12-2006, 08:15 AM
If he keeps it like that for a few hours then take him to the vet. Just because your dogs normally get along does not mean something cant happen. Perhpas their play got a bit rough.

petsalive
03-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Holding a leg up can also be a symptom of Lyme Disease so a trip to the vet is in order (it is a simple blood test). Dogs are not like people and believe me they would prefer to walk on 4 legs rather than 3 so if this continues tonite please understand that he is not 'faking' and that something hurts him - it might even be that the dogs were playing rough and he hurt his back and has a 'pinched nerve'.

If he stops holding his leg up tonite then you can just watch him to make sure it doesn't happen again and can assume that he just 'sprained' something. If, however, it starts again go right to the vet.