PDA

View Full Version : Who offers the best dog insurance in US?

oceanbeach
02-15-2006, 08:01 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for a dog insurance for my puppy. Could you please share with me any experiences you had (good or bad) with a pet insurance company in US, in terms of service, value etc?

Thank you for your help!
Toni

smiffy
02-15-2006, 10:14 AM
hi there
my three dogs are insured with direct line on their advanced policy. be sure you know what you want in a policy.
if you have a 12 month policy then your dog breaks his leg they will pay for his leg and treatment up until the policy ends and then never cover his leg again where as a lifetime insurance such as the advanced cover will pay for the leg and treatment but still continue to cover the leg but some companies may put a restriction on so be sure to make sure when your on the phone.
i was with tesco pet insurance but they started hiking prices. i pay monthly and for all three dogs its 29.68 which i think is quite good.

oceanbeach
02-15-2006, 10:50 AM
Hi, Thank you so much for the info, but I realized that the company offers to UK residents only. I live in US...I should have noted in my inquiry. Sorry about that... I'm sure someone else would benefit from the info though.
Anyway, thanks again!

Toni

smiffy
02-15-2006, 12:14 PM
ah sorry about that. goodluck in finding a good ins company :)

kerryclair
02-18-2006, 03:20 AM
I would recommend looking into these two:
Veterinary Pet Insurance at (800) 872-7387
http://www.petinsurance.com/
or
PetsHealth Insurance at (800) 799-5852