PDA

View Full Version : OMG!! This just disgusts me!!

ValentineRott
02-09-2006, 01:47 AM
I am not sure who knows about this...iv'e known about it for about a year now. But a brand name of dog food and cat food that we all trust does HORRIBLE and DISGUSTING animal testing!!! It is IAMS!! Eukaneuba as well! I always used to buy Iams for my dogs and cats in the past. But when I heard about what they did...I seriously got sick to the stomach and ran to the bathroom!!! I donated my two 40lb bags of dog food to the local shelter....sigh 80bucks down the drain...oh well(this was about a year ago when I was taking care of my dad's two pittbulls). I feed Valentine Nutrience. More expensive...but no cruel animal testing!! (none that I heard of anyway!!) If this post violates the posting rules of this board...I appologize...mods may remove it. Here is the link to check out about this..... www.iamscruelty.com

kerryclair
02-09-2006, 03:46 AM
It is confusing as to what is the truth.
Here is Iams response:
http://www.iamstruth.com/iamstruth/en_US/jhtmls/article/IT_Article_Page.jhtml;jsessionid=N3G2ETB3BW413QFIA J1YYCQ?li=en_US&pti=RP&articleID=6

ValentineRott
02-09-2006, 10:27 AM
I know!! They say that they are going to "behave" and not do anymore animal testing!! But they still do!!! But of course it is just not Iams there are hundreds of beauty, cleaning, and alot of other products that do cruel testing....but I am concerned about Iams. You may even want to check out the PETA website. Yes I know there was the incident about those workers killing dogs and dumping them...But there are some very interesting and sad stories and videos on there!!! I watched about 20 mins worth of videos...like how they test some chemicals. They Force a cat to drink something poisonus just to see how they react!!! like OMG!!! that poor kitty!! But Iams tortures the heck out of dogs just to see how their products work....like cutting huge chunks out of a dog to see how the muscle looks after like 3 weeks of feeding it IAMS and so on!!! And just leaving the dog to suffer afterwards!!! Without medical care!! OMG I can go on and on!! I have considered making posters and taping a few to the IAMS bags in the grocery store...heehee!!! I am not too clear either on IAMS' response!!! THey say they won't and they will treat the animals better...but they dont!! But I tell EVERYONE about IAMS. I even phoned the local shelters and told them.....after I donated those bags of dog food.... :oops: I will post the link to peta as soon as I find the right one....

ValentineRott
02-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Heres the link...

www.peta.org

kerryclair
02-09-2006, 05:48 PM
But if you read the URL I posted, Iams completely DENIES this stuff.

So what is the truth?

ValentineRott
02-09-2006, 07:18 PM
I know they deny it!! They are right...IAMS themselves do no more testing...But now they have someone else DOING the cruel testing FOR them!!! Here is some footage i found rather disturbing...an investigator goes into the facility...this is before iams "smartened up"...

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/prefs.asp?video=iams

Just pick the player that you use and the speed. (listen to what the man says at the very end)

Also here is the the story supporting What I had just said abouve...

http://www.iamscruelty.com/iams-feat-wsu.asp

kerryclair
02-09-2006, 11:25 PM
I know what you are saying, but both the URL's you give are from PETA...the Iams people say it isn't true and that the footage is not their facility. So on one hand the AR group says it IS them and they are doing this and on the other, Iams is saying that the footage is NOT their animals and they do not test on animals, that they love animals.

Can we believe Peta?
Can we believe Iams?

Sigh.
I don't know.

celtechfarms
02-10-2006, 06:31 AM
I don't believe anything PETA comes up with anymore. If it was true, Animal Alliance, IFAW, or Project Jessie would be on it in a flash. Only PETA has this problem. I fear PETA is only out there to make a name for themselves, and at this point, that name is, 'You Can't Believe Us'. At this point there is too much controversy behind PETA to trust what they say without backing from another reputable company.

The ASPCA has more then once shot down the claims of PETA, and at this point, I would listen to them over anyone else.

Heather

ValentineRott
02-10-2006, 11:24 AM
I know ....even i have had my doubts about this....but how can IAMS prove that they are not doing this testing? or they are not paying anyone else to do it??? It's hard to know...really! Unless the other people can prove it....then I will stick with PETA...sorry I just dont want to see any animals hurt!