PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing problem!

jessica79
02-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Hi everyone - hoping some one could advise me on my situation.

I've got a female cat who's about 6 years old. She's extremely friendly... never leaves me, or anyone else for that matter, alone, and always wants attention. However, if you stroke her for TOO long, or make too much of a fuss of her, she seems to get very excited and sometimes nips etc. However, this is not my problem....

.... the problem is, is that when she's in this state, some sort of brown liquid comes out of her bum. It doesn't smell of poo, but it's the most horrendous smell and sometimes there's quite a lot of it. I don't know what this is, or why it happens. Is it something to do with her anal glands do you think?

She's always eaten IAMS (which is a hard food, specifically for cats her age) as well as the odd small amount of tuna which i give her once a week/fortnight. I've just tried her with some jelly food, but she's turned her nose up at it. I don't know if her diet is the cause of this problem?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could advise me?

Thanks
Jessica.

celtechfarms
02-07-2006, 06:30 AM
It sounds like an anal gland problem to me, but I advise taking her into your vet just to make sure.