PDA

View Full Version : This is awful, please help

joannem
02-01-2006, 07:19 AM
I just got an email from Animals asia about how the Philippines are wanting to revoke laws that protect dogs in their country. At the moment it is illegal to eat dogs, but a new proposal is being pushed through that will allow dog farming and eating. If is really horrible how much they make these poor dogs suffer before they eat them also. Animals asia needs people to email them a letter to the city governor saying they are against the dog trade industry. They will then print out the emails and send them on to the philipines. Even better they have the address of the governer so you can send a letter straight to him. Please have a look at this link http://www.animalsasia.org/index.php?module=3&menupos=8&lg=en
:(

casey97
02-01-2006, 07:54 AM
oh my gosh. this is horrible. i have dogs and i could never do that to them. i could not let them suffer and go through that. i can not believe this.

tigger the turtle
02-02-2006, 02:29 AM
Oh my God!
That is so sad.
I can`t believe people can actually do things like this to animals.
I just hate people like this.
It always makes me feel very angry! :cry:

smiffy
02-02-2006, 03:43 AM
the thing is guys is that it is not a new problem, its a horrible and disgraceful act yes especially when you consider how the animals are kept and killed. log on the the peta website for a realistic veiw, you will find a video which includes a truck stuffed full of animals only on this truck you will see dogs with collars on ~ in other words half an hour a ago they were family pets, a family is combing the streets looking for that dog!

a massive financial pull is encouraging these acts in the form of the fur trade so although the carcass may well be eaten the main purpose for those dogs and cats to die such an awfil death is to keep some over kept spoilt trog in furs. it has to stop but unfortunatly the high streets are seeing a rise in the demand and there will always be a trog somewhere willing to put an animal through suffering just so they have a coat to match the gucci shoes.

Arazante
10-08-2006, 03:01 PM
I've signed a petition already for them to stop using dogs for food. It's been going on for a while now and compared to other petitions, it's really lacking and needs a lot of support. It bothers me that some countries are still so primitive and barbaric in their practices. I was once told in my Spanish class that bullfighting is "just tradition". But to me, a tradition may not be right.

The petition can be signed here: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/985195393?ltl=1152240338