PDA

View Full Version : How do I say goodbye

Tea4meplez
01-31-2006, 12:38 PM
:cry: My mina is going to be 14 this year and we just noticed large masses on her belly aand chest. The vet who is seeing her on Thursday says its probably cancer since most cats dont get cysts that are attached and large like that. She also has terrible arthritis in her back to the point she cant jump or even climb up on things anymore and screams whenever someone touches her back. She also has bladder problems. She has given me 14 beautiful years and it would break my heart to see her suffer if it is trully cancer. If it is cancer, we have decided to put her down before she begins to really suffer and go downhill. It would be selfish of me to prolong any suffering just to give me more time with her. Because my husband is active duty, I will have to do this alone. How on earth do I say goodbye to my baby?

celtechfarms
02-01-2006, 08:15 AM
Some people find it easier to take one last night with them, to devote to them, spoil them, give her the best meal she has ever had such as stake or gormet cat food and milk if she likes it, snuggle with her, let her sleep where she pleases, play with her if she plays, then take the next day off work and go in in the morning and have them put her down. Be there with her, I know this is the hardest part, but if you can do it then stay with her and hold her and let her know you are there. Remember, if your roles were reversed she would be there for you, be loyal and comfort her in this time and know what you are doing is right.

Nothing will make this time easy, but you can help ease your heart a little by getting this time with her and by taking comfort that she didn't die with strangers but with someone she loved. I never got the last night with my dog, her condition worsened in hours, but I take comfort in the fact that she went in my arms, the only thing I regret was letting them take her and sedate her away from me, next time I will be with my dogs from beginning to end, I want the last thing they ever see is my love.

I hope this helps, and our thoughts are with you.
Heather

J_I_F
02-21-2006, 04:41 PM
When I was a toddler, a cat named Thomas graced our house & for years growing up made life much more interesting & sometimes challenging. When I was about 12, I found Thomas lying on the sofa, breathing heavily. I ran to see what was wrong but the instant I touched him, he screeched & scratched at me (NEVER before even in play). He was in such pain. Dad was out of town so Mom had the unpleasant task of taking Thomas to the vet. She came home much later, very sad & empty handed. It wasn't until many years later that I came to admire the decision that day. Thomas' condition was irreversible & extremely painful. He could have stuck around on pain medication, but that would have been for us not him. Mom made a difficult unselfish decision.
In 1999, I had to put my dog/friend of 15 yrs. down. Agony, but a promise was a promise. When I saw no more joy for him, only constant struggle, then I knew it was time. I believe that is where you are now. Love your pet so much that you relieve him of such pain.
Note: Heather, your ideas are something I also did & recommend.

healing07
07-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Its so difficult time for you and I m sorry for that you going through this situation. Cancer is the serious disease which is very harmful. I think you take a good decision for put her down instead of pain.
I know its difficult to do that. She lived 14years with you and you never forget that time. First you can trying to give her good treatment. I pray to God for your mina. My prayers with you.
(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))