PDA

View Full Version : School Project...help?

yellowjello
01-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi!
I'm in the 10th grade and I'm doing a major school project and I was wondering if anyone could help. I have to write a children's book about horses, and it's a big project and a major grade. I would appreciate it if ANYONE could fill out this survey to help me with my project, especially if you have experiences with horses and/or children. Thanks so much. You can just copy&paste, and then reply with the survey filled out, PM it to me, or email it to me (yellow_jello1237@hotmail.com). Whatever is best for you. Thanks again!

Survey

What is your experience (if any) working with horses and children?

Do you know any good books about horses? Why are they so good?

What would be a good target audience (a specific age range, gender, and/or reader purpose) for a book about horses? Why?

What do you think is the most important thing to include in a children’s book about horses?

Please rate the following in what would be most important to include in a children’s book about horses: (Rate 1 as highest and 9 as lowest)
___ Grooming
___ Riding (lessons, trail riding)
___ Riding Safety (helmet, hoof picking, etc.)
___ Barn chores (mucking out, feed, etc.)
___ Vet & Farrier duties
___ Showing and Gaming
___ Horse Breeds & colorings
___ Clothes & Tack
___ Other Suggestion _____________________________________

Additional comments/suggestions?

Is it OK if I quote you in my project? (I have to give a presentation about the writing process and what I went through to create my book)

I would appreciate your name and/or email address so I can contact you further if needed, but I understand if you don't want to give me this information.

Thank you! :D

celtechfarms
01-18-2006, 07:53 AM
Survey

What is your experience (if any) working with horses and children?
15 yrs experiance from riding to working groom to driving, in the middle of a collage course, I'm a mother and was around kids all my life.

Do you know any good books about horses? Why are they so good?
There are so many out there that listing them would be complicated. Its depends on the type of subject on horses and the age group your looking for, lots of great books for kids and for adults.

What would be a good target audience (a specific age range, gender, and/or reader purpose) for a book about horses? Why?
Again this would depend on what you want to convey and to who. For children normally an introduction to colors and behaviour and a small introduction to care and cost.

What do you think is the most important thing to include in a children’s book about horses?
A basic understanding of horses without too much detail and a sense of the reasponsiblity of owning such an animal.

Please rate the following in what would be most important to include in a children’s book about horses: (Rate 1 as highest and 9 as lowest)
3___ Grooming
6___ Riding (lessons, trail riding)
7___ Riding Safety (helmet, hoof picking, etc.)
5___ Barn chores (mucking out, feed, etc.)
4___ Vet & Farrier duties
8___ Showing and Gaming
1___ Horse Breeds & colorings
9___ Clothes & Tack
2___ Other Suggestion Care and Feed

Additional comments/suggestions? Alot of those should be grouped together, like grooming and Vet amd Farrier, Riding lessons and riding safety, showing and clothes and tack. A childs nbook isn't trying to teach riding, its trying to give a basic understanding of why we ask them to do certain care to a horse, helping to rise an intrest in horse care.

Is it OK if I quote you in my project? (I have to give a presentation about the writing process and what I went through to create my book)

Yes go for it, you might want to head to your local feed shop and take a look at the books currentlly out for kids, there are a few and you will probubly find some great ideas.

celtechfarms
01-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Feel free to PM me for any more questions.

yellowjello
01-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Thanks!

That's really interesting because I posted a similar question on a different board and I got completely different answers!
It is important to make sure kids really understand the responsibility involved when it comes to horses, though.
thanks again...

bronco120
01-25-2006, 05:40 PM
Survey

What is your experience (if any) working with horses and children? well there both very stubbern,but they both sem to understand each other.

Do you know any good books about horses? Why are they so good? heatland,the black stalliond ghost,riding freedom,these book talk about how to learn from the horse,talk with them,understand them,know how they feel.

What would be a good target audience (a specific age range, gender, and/or reader purpose) for a book about horses? Why? a age range would most likely be 10 to 15year old females mostly they seem most interested and the age is when most kids teen people learn about horses and become interested

What do you think is the most important thing to include in a children’s book about horses? how to know what a horse feel not just what the peope think about them.

__5_ Grooming
_3__ Riding (lessons, trail riding)
__1_ Riding Safety (helmet, hoof picking, etc.)
__1_ Barn chores (mucking out, feed, etc.)
_1__ Vet & Farrier duties
__5_ Showing and Gaming
_8__ Horse Breeds & colorings
__6_ Clothes & Tack
___ Other Suggestion _____________________________________